Skip to content

Fabric Flower Hair Bow

I made some pretty hair bows for the girls, and here they are proudly wearing their bows.

img_9789.JPG

Some of the the hair bows I made:

img_9800.JPG

These fabric flower hair bows are so easy to make and I find it quite relaxing sitting in my rocker and hand stitching these pretty things.  So, do you want to make one for your girl?  If so, here’s the step-by-step awesome tutorial.  Girls are so fun to decorate, oops, I mean dress up.

Posted in Homemaking.

13 Responses

1. Petrie Montgomery says

Love them, Lois! Did you use buttons and ponytail bands like in the tutorial? Do the buttons stay on the outside of the petals well, or do they slip inside if they’re not glued?
    Thanks for sharing,
    Petrie

2. Michelle says

the bows are really cute!

3. Lois says

Petrie,
    Yes, I did use the buttons and ponytail bands like in the tutorial. You don’t need to glue the button because you sew the button on. What I do is pick up a little bit of the fabric on one of the petals with the needle and then thread through the button hole. I repeat the same process for every petal. With this technique, the petal is very secure and doesn’t slip through. Hope this is clear enough. If not, let me know.

4. Jen says

Thanks for sharing the link. I can’t wait to try making some. Your girls looked so cute in them on sunday.

5. pfisk says

Hi,
    I am making these but have found that after I make the flower the fabric starts to fray. Any ideas?

6. Lois says

You can use fray check on all the edges of the fabric and that should prevent fraying. You can get it at your local fabric store, and here’s what I’m talking about: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2864&PRODID=prd2992

7. Gena says

Those are beautiful! My daughters would love them. I’ll have to give it a try!
    –Gena

8. hair bows says

Your handmade hair bows are really beautiful! Thanks for sharing the tutorial link. I can’t wait to try making some. I hope I can make beautiful hair bows too.

9. Tonya says

I LOVE this idea. I can’t believe how fast and simple these are to make. I started making them for Christmas gifts and I can’t stop. Thank you so much for sharing a great idea.

10. Jehnisi says

they are so cute.. i am making these too. they are so fun to do

11. Natalie says

I love the bows you have on your web site and my mom said she would take me to go the supplies we need tomorrow to make some that I can wear to schoollll

12. Natalie Bastin says

U want to make these for myself to sear to school.

13. nancy says

Love these. They are so much fun to make. I have made book markers from them too.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

− 2 = three